:prime – Preparation Studies and International Mentoring
Well-founded and competent study preparation
Due to the Corona situation our office remains closed until further notice.
You'll find important information on Corona in many different languages on the
Website of the Ministry for Migration, Refugees and Integration.
Preparation studies for Bremen and Bremerhaven
:prime is an Academy for Higher Education Access Development Bremen programme offering a sophisticated foundation course for prospective students who are entitled to attend a "Studienkolleg" (preparatory college). With a :prime qualification you can start a degree course at three state-run universities in Bremen and Bremerhaven.
Discover what the higher education landscape in Bremen has to offer you.
You want to go to university in Germany and are looking for an alternative to a "Studienkolleg" preparatory college? You are interested in a subject in the fields of science or engineering?
Then our :prime foundation course is perfect for you!
- Intensive preparation for the entrance examination
- Language courses up to level C1 – if not yet taken
- Courses in your future field of study
- Introduction to the basics of your field of study
- Seminars on study techniques and intercultural training
- Student status including student ID card and season ticket for public transport (Semesterticket)
- Language level B1 or C1
- TestAS passed with at least 190 points
Your costs for the entire programme:
- Examination and semester fees totalling approx. 1,000 euros, incl. public transport semester ticket and student ID card for one year.
- Cost of living and insurance: approx. 850 euros/month.
The universities of Bremen and Bremerhaven do not charge tuition fees for the :prime courses!
At home in the state of Bremen
Three state universities offering modern degree courses specially tailored to :prime graduates.
Each of our three universities has its own profile and specialisations. It's worth taking a closer look to make your decision easier:
- University of Bremen
- Hochschule Bremen – City University of Applied Sciences
- Bremerhaven University of Applied Sciences
A good programme needs strong partners.
- Bremen Language Center: Design of the language programme
on behalf of the Language Center:
- Goethe-Institut Bremen: currently performing the language courses
The people of Bremen like to laugh, they eat curious things like Grünkohl und Pinkel (recipe for Kale with Kaszanka in German only) and they love their football club Werder Bremen!
But there is much more to Bremen and Bremerhaven:
- Bremen and Bremerhaven are safe, cosmopolitan cities with great traditions
- Our internationally oriented universities are highly regarded around the world.
- Our scientists work on pioneering technologies.
- Our universities have close working relationship with industry and business
- Culinare delights from Bremen can be found everywhere: coffee, chocolate, fish fingers and beer are enjoyed daily all over the world.
Great reasons to start a degree in Bremen!